3.2.5 not responding to controls

gzahar

After updating I am not able to control the door or light.  If I try to turn light on or off the status shows as changed but the light doesn't actually change.  Door control won't operate door (or change it's status).  I deleted, re-installed, re-discovered; but no difference.

Status of door, light, obstruction and motion all show properly when triggered by other means.

I need some info: 1) ratgdo firmware version, 2) control mode (sec+2.0, sec+1.0, dry contact), 3) debug level log file with you sending commands.

One note: the plugin doesn’t change status when commands are received. It sends the command on to ratgdo and waits for ratgdo to report a changed status. If you are turning on and off the light and the light status in IoX is responding correctly, then it sounds like the problem may lie in the ratgdo.

2 hours ago, Goose66 said:

I need some info: 1) ratgdo firmware version, 2) control mode (sec+2.0, sec+1.0, dry contact), 3) debug level log file with you sending commands.

One note: the plugin doesn’t change status when commands are received. It sends the command on to ratgdo and waits for ratgdo to report a changed status. If you are turning on and off the light and the light status in IoX is responding correctly, then it sounds like the problem may lie in the ratgdo.

1) ratgdo v2.57 for hardware v2.50

2) sec+2.0

3) attached

I did try a reboot of ratgdo, but maybe I'll try a power reset on it and Polisy.

ratgdo_1-31-2024_113809_PM.zip

I agree it looks like the ratgdo is the issue.  I guess I haven't played with it for a while until doing the upgrade, so it may have gone unresponsive before then.  I will take it down and reflash to see if that changes things.  I think I hit the lock command as one of my first things, because that status was unknown.  Maybe I locked myself out somehow?  It does report as being unlocked though.

Edited by gzahar

Short answer is, it is working now.

I thought I would try to setup control through HA using MQTT and didn't know enough to get it working.  Actually appeared to lock up the device after entering some configuration data incorrectly.  Then I decided to flash it with the firmware meant for HA and that went very smoothly and was able to control door with HA.

So then switched back to MQTT / PG3 setup and that seemed to do the trick.  Only difference that I know of this time around is I check the 'erase all data' box when I flashed the MQTT firmware.  Who knows... Hopefully it continues to operate and I don't have something going on that corrupts the device after some time.

Thanks again for the plugin!