motion detector not communicating with new eisy

twired

I am saving the same problem as several other posts where motion sensor will not show status after detecting motion and therefore will not activate a program to run.  It worked fine on the ISY994, but now will connect briefly then status disappears.  I have not changed any settings on the MS since the migration to eisy.

I have read multiple posts on this, but have not found one with a solution.  Please let me know if a solution is available.

EISY version 5.8.0

MS II (2844-222)

Battery is new.

It is hard to tell.  When pressing the set button the status changes on the system, but when motion detected, green light on MS flashes, but status does not always show. Just now it showed no status on the system, but when pressing the set button the status would show.

I did a complete delete / factory reset / re-install.  It worked fine when close to EISY or multiple other locations.  However, when I put it back on the patio where it has been working for years, it is not communicating on/off status to the EISY.  I even put another new battery in with same result.

Looks like I have a worn out motion detector, or the EISY is not as capable as the ISY994 with motion detectors.  But all my other RF devices work fine, so I doubt that is the case.

Thanks

Do you agree it is time for a new MS or is there something else to try?

I have multiple switches and plug-in modules within 5 ft.  My understanding is that these act as repeaters (correct?).  Plus this thing worked flawlessly for years and now (after migration) is not working the same.

All dual band devices act as repeaters. 

When you installed  the MS II did you link it using the "Sensors" "Motion Sensor II" option in the linking menu

What PLM are you using?   The insteon signal emits from the PLM not the EISY. Are both sides of your power line bridged, you can verify that using the 4 tap test (see attached)

4 Tap test.pdf

Edited by Techman

Ok.  Well, I did another delete/reinstall before I saw your latest post and it is now communicating and working correctly.  If it fails again I will do what you suggested above.

Thanks again for your help.