Plugins no longer working with error: Unsupported callback API version: version 2.0 added a callback_api_version, see migrations.md

Paho-mqtt now has a new version 2.x of their library which is breaking plugins.

You will see this error in the log:

ValueError: Unsupported callback API version: version 2.0 added a callback_api_version, see migrations.md 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b902606d30/hunterdouglas-poly.py", line 77, in <module>
    polyglot = udiinterface.Interface([])
  File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b902606d_30/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/udi_interface/interface.py", line 253, in __init
    self.mqttc = mqtt.Client(self.id, True)
  File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b902606d30/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 766, in __init
    raise ValueError(
ValueError: Unsupported callback API version: version 2.0 added a callback_api_version, see migrations.md 

This impacts new installation of plugins. Plugins already installed will continue to work as long as they are not reinstalled.

On monday a new UDI interface will be release to fix this. Stay tuned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 4 months later...

I opened a ticket on this error as my YoLink devices aren't working any longer after I did the latest updates.  I've checked all the logs, and the error you posed above is the error I'm seeing in the YoLink node log when I restart the node server.  Can you please tell me how to fix this?

4 hours ago, mdfled said:

I opened a ticket on this error as my YoLink devices aren't working any longer after I did the latest updates.  I've checked all the logs, and the error you posed above is the error I'm seeing in the YoLink node log when I restart the node server.  Can you please tell me how to fix this?

If you have a plugin with the error, delete and reinstall the plugin.

• Like 1

Thanks gzahar, after trying other things, I did delete and recreate the NS plugin and it fixed most of the problem.  I still had to go in and correct some of my IF statements related to the YoLink devices, but the deletion and recreation solved most of the issue.  Thanks again!