Authentication Settings

I am struggling with configuring the authentication properly since the Authentication button doesn't work. 

I have enabled the google calendar API on my account.

Tried creating both an API key as well as creating a OAuth 2.0 Client IDs with the settings that home assistant requires. I was unable to get either to work and still get the "Not authenticated or invalid authentication" banner.

I am unsure of what to set as the key name in the custom parameters. Potentially this is all I am missing or messing up. All the posts I can find talk about the calendar settings, but brush over the authentication settings.

Hopefully I am just missing something silly, but any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Which version of pg3x are you using? I think there have been some recent changes to authentication and it might have affected it. I will need to take a look. Normally, you just click and button and it will take you directly to google login page. No other steps are necessary.

I am on PG3x Version 3.2.17.

I had seen the note in the config settings saying "Google authenitcation is not working right now so as a temporary workaround, token needs to be generated using a desktop." So I thought the button didn't work anymore and I had to generate it.

Thanks for taking at look at it @firstone

@firstone  I just updated to 3.2.18.  Same results when clicking the Authenticate button. It takes me to the account selection screen. When I select my gmail account I get the  "This app is blocked" "This app tried to access sensitive info in your Google Account. To keep your account safe, Google blocked this access."

I would advise to remove plug in completely and try again. I've just done clean install, clicked "Authenticate", it took me to google page, I've clicked Accept, it worked and pulled my calendars. If that doesn't work, maybe close browser and/or clean google API cache/cookies. Seems to be something is happening on your side. Maybe something related to your generating access tokens. Not really sure. 

PG3 probably logs authentication. Not plug in but PG3 itself. You might need to put it into debug mode.

Also, maybe some setting on your google account that specifically disables authenticating with calendar? I have a simple test python script you can run on your computer. PM me if you want to try that.

Edited by firstone