Is ZMatter dongle compatible with other systems?

Go to solution Solved by apnar,

Greetings,

If I understand correctly, the ZMatter dongle stores the Z-Wave and Matter configurations locally.

Does that mean I could move the dingle to another eISY or even a Home Assistant setup and be up and running?

Cheers?

I moved my ZMatter dongle from my Polisy over to Home Assistant and it worked great with the Z-Wave JS integration.  I even brought it over without having to re-link my Z-Wave devices by finding that all of the keys needed by the Z-Wave JS integration are stored in the IoX backup files.  All of my devices showed up and everything worked great.  I didn't try out the Zigbee or Matter functionality though.

I also moved by Insteon PLM over and set up the Insteon integration in HA.  All in all everything works that way but after spending a day doing that and giving it a chance, I wound up putting all back and buying a new eisy because it does a much better job integrating things than HA alone, at least with merging Insteon and Z-Wave.  It just wasn't right without the excellent scene management features that IoX has...

• Like 2