How to delete a disconnected plugin

Go to solution Solved by GTench,

I have a plugin that says disconnected but if I try to delete it I just get a message that says it failed to uninstall. I installed another copy in a different slot but I have the same problem with it as well

Gary

image.png.44a6f7c7c14695c1c5308d1653ad9d36.png

• Solution

I tried that twice from the AC with no luck. I just resorted to power cycling the eisy and that worked.

thanks... back to testing

Just for future reference and to maybe help others.  A timeout like that in PG3 means that it's likely the UDX service on the box has failed.  The UDX service is what's used to do reboots from the AC (along with a lot of other things).  Thus, the only real solution to a failed UDX service is to power cycle the box.

UDI may be interested to know why it failed, so if you have the time to work with them, submitting a ticket so they can look in to the reason for the failure may help prevent other failures in the future.

• Thanks 1

@bpwwer thanks, that is useful information.

I have been doing some testing of @sjenkins hunter douglas plugin with him over the past week or so. This involved deleting the plugin, rebooting via AC, reinstalling the plugin, rebooting again via AC then testing functionality. So, there were multiple boots via AC and no power cycling during that time until I had the problem. The problem of the disconnected plugin occurred after the latest updated plugin was installed. Could it be the multiple reboots eventually caused this?

This is pretty much all I can add. Do you still think it is worthwhile submitting a ticket

First, there should be almost no reason to reboot the box after reinstalling the plug-in.  During plug-in development I may delete/re-install a plug-in 10's maybe even a hundred times without ever rebooting. 

Don't confuse rebooting with restarting the AC.  After first installing a plug-in (any plug-in) you do need to restart the AC so it can read the files that the plug-in sent to the IoX. You may have to restart the AC after a re-install if any of those files have changed (which is more likely with an upgrade than with just a re-install).

Will rebooting the box cause the UDX service to fail?  Not normally.  However, if you don't wait long enough (and that time could vary) after rebooting, then you could have attempted to delete the plug-in before the UDX service was fully started which would also give the timeout error.

Given the additional info the time that's elapsed, it's probably not worth submitting a ticket at this time.  However, if you have the same issue in the future, please do.

@bpwwer thanks

5 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

However, if you don't wait long enough (and that time could vary) after rebooting, then you could have attempted to delete the plug-in before the UDX service was fully started which would also give the timeout error.

I suspect this is what might have caused my issue. I was in a hurry the last time