Got a new Zwave lock, disabled old, should I remove instead? (Plus phantom lock)

We got a new front door. The "old" (different model) zwave lock didn't align with the new strike.  I had another ("new") zwave lock, which I tried on the front door. (Alas, also doesn't align with the strike.  More work to do.)  I'm keeping the "new" zwave lock, however, and I'll put the "old" zwave lock on a different door, some day....

Should I put the batteries in the old lock and "officially" remove it from my system?  Or just wait to put it on the other door (could be a while)?

Also, I have a "phantom" "entry control".  I was trying to add my new lock and did it incorrectly.  After adding, removing, adding correctly the new zwave lock, I still have this phantom entry control.  Can I remove this?

If you're not using the old lock it's probably best to remove it by putting the lock into the linking mode then EXCLUDE  IT from your installed Zwave devices, and then remove its batteries.

Some Zwave devices, when installed, create nodes that may not be applicable to your controller. What most of us do is create a folder in the device tree called Unused Zwave nodes, and move the unused node into that folder.