Only seeing zones 1-8

Go to solution Solved by Goose66,

Posted (edited)

Let me start by saying that this was working perfectly. I'm not sure exactly when this stopped, but I noticed today that the plug-in is only seeing Zones 1-8 and not 9-16. When I look at the Nodes on the PG3 page 9-16 are not listed or included. It used to show 1-16. Obviously they are not showing up in the IoX Admin Console either. I deleted the plug in and installed into a different slot and got the same results.

On the PG3 page, it is showing 10 nodes:

Node1 = Alarm Panel

Node2 = partition 1

Node3 - Node10 = Zone 1 to Zone 8

But yet when I log directly into the EvisaLink I see 16 zones and it tells me if open or how long closed.

I have not changed any of the settings since I got it working several months ago. Could a recent PG3 or IoX update be the culprit? 

Edited by dakall
  • Solution

The EnvisaLink does not report the number of configured zones or partitions for your panel. The number of zones and partitions present are driven by Custom Configuration Parameters. From the Nodeserver Configuration instructions (read the "NOTE" at the end):

Custom Configuration Parameters:

Required:
- key: hostname, value: locally accessible hostname or IP address of EnvisaLink or
  DUO device (e.g., "envisalink.local" or "192.168.1.145")
- key: password, value: password for EnvisaLink device
- key: usercode, value: user code for disarming alarm panel (e.g., "5555")

Optional:
- key: numpartitions, value: number of partition nodes to generate (defaults to 1)
- key: numzones, value: number of zone nodes to generate (defaults to 8)
- key: numcmdouts, value: number of command output nodes to generate (defaults to 2)
- key: disablewatchdog, value: 0 or 1 for whether EyezOn cloud service watchdog timer
  should be disabled (defaults to 0 - not disabled)
- key: zonetimerdumpflag, value: numeric flag indicating whether dumping of the zone
  timers should be done on shortpoll (1), longpoll (2), or disabled altogether (0)
  (defaults to 1 - shortpoll)

NOTE: On nodeserver start, the child nodes for the Alarm Panel are created based on
the numbers configured. The disablewatchdog should be enabled if the EnvisaLink is
firewalled to prevent the EnvsiaLink from rebooting after 20 minutes.

Sounds like these are missing in your configuration.

However, you said it used to show 1-16. Had it been configured to generate 16 nodes at any point, the plugin itself would have never deleted them - it would have just stopped updating them with status values when the "numzones" configuration parameter was changed (or removed). The only way nodes for zones 9-16 could have been deleted would have been if you explicitly deleted them in IoX or PG3x Dashboard or if you deleted and reinstalled the plugin.

You are absolutely correct. It has been more than a year since I originally set it up; I forgot about the numzones parameter. I had gotten a replacement eisy about a month ago. The PG3 backup I had was old and didn't have this node server. I had to set it up again, and obviously failed to read all the instructions. :rolleyes: That's my bad. Thanks.

• Like 1