Z-Wave migration

SRS

Finally migrating from isy994i (ZWPro/IR) kit #12241DB) purchased (I am shocked to find) 2016. 

New eisy + UD USB ZWave dongle (both received today) admin console launched using IoX launcher showed ZWave config set to "auto" rather than just being a check box as migration instructions say, so I left it. Updated packages, rebooted...

Restored from my backed up isy file (having first backed up ZWave then the isy994i). Insteon restored fine, no ZWave restored. Went to drop-down menu but it said ZWave not enabled tho config still said "auto." So I changed it to "on." Saved. Rebooted. Went to drop-down menu for ZWave, looked normal. Re-initiated the re-install from backup. Same result: no ZWave. 

Am I guessing correctly that my ZWave board in my 994i that I have never upgraded was an old board, not the required 500? So, I'll have to redo all my ZWave devices instead of migrating them? Other ideas? 

In the short term, can I just plug in my 994i and use that to manage my ZWave devices (tho obviously no program integration with Insteon) till I tackle this problem? 

I have a vague recollection that some (if not all) versions of the ISY-994 had separate (from Insteon) z-wave backups or none.  It has been a while since I did it, though.  When I did my move from ISY-994, I recall having some of my z-wave devices moved but it was inconsistent and some were not added.  I was not sure that it was any easier than just factory resetting them and adding them new to the new IoX device.

If you use your old 994 for z-wave only (assuming it works and disabling the PLM connection) you would also loose any scene relationships you have established between Insteon and z-wave.