Motorized vertical blinds controlled by ISY99?

zambonisk

Hello All,

I'm hoping someone here can help me solve what I'm hoping is a simple problem that has eluded me.

First I have an ISY99i/IR Pro, and numerous Insteon KPLs, Switchlincs, Motion Sensors, V2 Venstar Thermostat, etc, throughout my house connected to my ISY99. The more and more I tinker with my ISY the more I love it, but I have run into one problem that I have not been able to find a solution to.

I have two sliding glass doors in which I'm looking for automatic VERTICAL blinds that can be controlled (left right-open/close and tilt.) by my ISY99i.

Hunter Douglas, along with another local vendor both have motorized vertical products that meet my needs, but I don't know how to controll them with my ISY99i.

I've been able to find options, for controllable drapes, and controllable horizontal blinds, using somfy motors which i could connect to the ISY, but that doesn't help for the sliding glass doors.

Does anyone have any solutions for automating vertical blinds that can be connected and controlled by my ISY99iPRO? Thanks in advance for your help.

You may need to find out if they can be remote controlled and what interface they use to do it.

Like if they have a module that can take a push button activated. An I/OLinc maybe able to simulate the button, but it depends on how the vendors remotes work.

You may need to find out if they can be remote controlled and what interface they use to do it.

Like if they have a module that can take a push button activated. An I/OLinc maybe able to simulate the button, but it depends on how the vendors remotes work.

I've tried to find this out and both vendors say they support serial communications but I have yet to get more info from either vendor when I asked for more info. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks

• 7 months later...

The vertical blinds are now even better. As the day goes by, modern technology changed the faces of some simple appliances and home designs into amazing ones. Before, vertical blinds are the traditional choice for sliding patio doors and other large windows, but in a manual matter but now we have an automatic vertical blind with controller.

Archived