Motion Sensor not reporting violation in ELK plugin, but is violated in M1 Status.

I have just migrated to Eisy and loaded the ELK plugin. Working through issues so I can get to using Elk M1 sensors in statements in Eisy.

The unit is the https://elk-datasheets.s3.amazonaws.com/ELK-6032-Data-+Sheet.pdf

It worked well in my ISY994i where I used it to turn on my back patio light. 

In the M1 status window, it will show violated. It reports EOLR normally and then Shorted when violated. No voltage report.

However, in the ELK plugin there is no reaction. 

The board in the Optex sensor is an Elk two way transmitter. This is the Elk two way wireless system. 

I tried setting the Send On to Short but that made no difference. Just a guess, I'm too new to Eisy and the plugin, 

Has anyone had a sensor not respond and corrected? 

• Like 1

I have 2 wired and one wireless pet immune motion sensors, not sure the model... They are configured as "Burglar Interior" "Normally Closed" and I see their status change in UDMobile when they are activated they show "OPEN" and when not they show "SHORT".

The "Send On" & "Send Off" do not matter for "Status", that only configures when to send a DON/DOFF if you want to add them to a scene.

If nobody else has any ideas, then put the Plugin log in Debug+Modules mode, then activate a motion sensor, let it timeout then "Download Log Package" and email that to me.

You could create a rule in automations that triggers an unused output for 5sec when the motion sensor state changes to not secure and then setup a variable in the eISY to capture changes to that output. If it increments you have communications between the eISY and the Elk M1 so the problem is most likely not with the HW. But if it fails to increment then the problem could be with the PRI or how it's wired, or possibly how it's configured in the Elk.

I use hard wired PRI's and they are always configured as 05 - Burglar Interior Follow

@kzboray

There's communication. I can see other sensors go from normal to violated as expected. And quickly. Impressive.  I can even set the alarm to stay mode through UD Mobile, and also set my RCS thermostat attached to my Elk. 

It seems there's something odd about this sensor state.  It is the only wireless motion sensor I have.  It is on the Elk two way wireless protocol. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

After a session where I went into PG3 and looked at ELK where it reported no nodes (not sure why), I went ahead and shutdown Eisy and restarted. 

When all came back up, ELK reporting 38 nodes instead of the 39 I had seen earlier.  The only thing Jim could conclude was that when I had switched the light setting to NONE, it reduced a node. My guess, my assumption, is that my incorrect setting caused issues. That exterior battery powered motion sensor was the highest number in my connected sensors. 

It is also possible, I am guessing, that my batteries could have been weak in that sensor. 

So after switching out the batteries and setting that variable in ELK correctly, the exterior motion sensor is reporting correctly. It even reports the opening of the sensor as OPEN and Violated vs SHRT and Violated. 

So, it's corrected now and Eisy will turn on the back porch light when it sees the motion sensor violated as it should. 

Small steps......

Happy to finally be off the ISY994i to get things moving. I hated to leave it as it was totally solid but having UD Mobile and more options is great in Eisy. 

Thanks, Jim, for your support!

Edited by Bladerunner