Non-Toggle LED Status (Keep LED off)

CJVann

I'm programming an Insteon keypad to control an Insteon Fanlinc.  The button for "Fan Off" is set to Non-toggle Off, but the LED turns ON if you press it.  It's confusing that "Off" is always lit up whether the fan is on or off, so I prefer it just not light up.

Is it possible to have it stay off without writing a program?   I'm moving and want to take the EISY to my new home, so I'm not able to use programs to force it back "Off" again.  You'd think non-toggle On would stay lit, and non-toggle off would keep the LED Off, but the button stays lit either way.  Thanks...

As I understand, keypad backlights have two settings.  One setting is for how bright the backlight is for ON condition, and the other is for how bright the backlight is for OFF condition.  Perhaps your could check these settings and adjust as necessary.  I believe this can still be done through the admin console.

On 9/8/2024 at 10:08 PM, CJVann said:

I'm programming an Insteon keypad to control an Insteon Fanlinc.  The button for "Fan Off" is set to Non-toggle Off, but the LED turns ON if you press it.  It's confusing that "Off" is always lit up whether the fan is on or off, so I prefer it just not light up.

Is it possible to have it stay off without writing a program?   I'm moving and want to take the EISY to my new home, so I'm not able to use programs to force it back "Off" again.  You'd think non-toggle On would stay lit, and non-toggle off would keep the LED Off, but the button stays lit either way.  Thanks...

Make sure the scene that turns the fan on includes the off button with a status of off.

Thanks guys - I believe you used to be able to include the status of the control button you're pressing in a scene to define On/Off status for the scene, but now it looks like the only option is "Default".  So, every time I press the "Off" button, it turns that LED back on again.  :-)