error after deleting node

johnnyt

I removed an airthings device by deleting it using the plug-in config page and after that the following error kept happening every short poll:

2024-09-22 13:24:04.648 Thread-107 (handler_poll) udi_interface      ERROR    pgSession:response: Not Found: https://ext-api.airthings.com/v1//devices/3220001054/latest-samples: text: {"error":"NOT_FOUND","error_description":"segment for user <myapikey> does not exist"}
2024-09-22 13:24:04.648 Thread-107 (handler_poll) udi_interface      ERROR    Controller:api_get: failed to parse res={'code': 404, 'data': {'error': 'NOT_FOUND', 'error_description': 'segment for user <myapikey> does not exist'}}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/<myeisy>_8/nodes/Controller.py", line 251, in api_get
    LOGGER.warning(f"Service returned code {code} {res['data']['message']}")
                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^

This caused the "server status" in IoX to become false and it triggered a program to notify me of that every short poll. I didn't notice until I checked my email later to see an inbox full of notifications. It's like the polling temporarily changes the status to something other than false but then back to false, causing the program to trigger each time. IMO, I should have only received one notification when it went false the first time.

The problem stopped after I restarted the plug-in but I'd suggest that, if possible, some cleaning up could be done within the plug-in when one deletes a node so one does not have to restart to avoid this error. Alternatively the plug-in could restart itself (if that's possible) or a message to restart the plug-in could be provided, although these are less elegant solutions. The problem with restarts is that they reset the polling timer to zero, which causes the API limit to be reached.

Of course this is not critical. Just something to maybe consider the next time the plug-in is opened up for changes.

Thanks for all the good work you've done on this plug-in to make using these devices in my automation possible.