TriggerLinc Rev 1.1

My PLM is v85 so there is no question about that firmware level. I am running 2.7.15 and have no problem with I2 2F ALDB commands working with Motion Sensors and TriggerLincs. Also the Event Log trace shows good ALDB commands being echoed back from the PLM, just no response from now two different TriggerLincs. I guess it could be a PLM failure not working correctly with Extended commands but that seems like a strange way for a PLM to fail. Do you have another PLM that you can test with.

CT, you have been receiving good help all the way along. The one thing I did not see mentioned is to do a factory reset on the TriggerLinc. Please try this:

1. If your ISY firmware is not already 2.7.15, make it so,

2. Ensure you have an AccessPoint on top of your PLM,

3. Factory reset your TriggerLinc,

4. Use New INSTEON Device, select TriggerLinc from the list, and enter the TriggerLinc address (the INSTEON address is found in the battery compartment and consists of digits 0-9 and letters A-F [there are no letter 'O's]),

5. When prompted, place the TriggerLinc into linking mode by holding the button; then click OK.

Let us know if this makes any difference.

This is a long shot, but, how about rebooting the ISY. Sorry if you tried it already. I didn’t see a reference to it.

Tim

Well, Tim with the 'long shot' wins. I unplugged the ISY for a few minutes and restarted it. The Triggerlinc added instantly.

I have no idea why that worked, someone will have to explain that one.

Thanks to everyone, LeeG especially, for helping me with this one!

Hopefully anyone else with this issue will find this thread and just reset their ISY.

CT

That is great news!! Do you have a 2412 or 2413 Dual Band PLM. Just wondering when you removed power from the ISY did that also remove power from the PLM as well. Seems more likely a PLM reset was the solution but if the ISY is on an external power supply and only the ISY was power cycled (that is the PLM did not have power removed) that may be useful, if hard to explain, information. Thanks for posting how you got it to work.

Archived