Advanced Away - Holding a Program

sceaton

I have the "away" KPL button working pretty well:

I'm leaving for the evening so I press the KPL "away" button. An "all off" command is sent, and the button lights up.

At sunset, and because the status of the away button is ON, an "away at sunset" scene comes on.

Later when I arrive home, I trip the X10 motion in the driveway which turns on my "welcome home" scene.

Then I ran into the scenario of "leaving" after sunset. Pressing the away button sent an "all off" command AFTER the "away at sunset" scene would have normally come on. So I added a program to fix that.

NOW, the problem is that suppose it's after sunset: I press the Away button ... everything is good, except that I can't get OUT of the driveway without tripping the motion sensor! I think's ive come home and turns on the lights!

SO I need a way to "disable" a program for, say 15 minutes. So that the "return home" programs don't run when I trip the motion on my way out.

I thought I'd put them in a folder and have a program set the folder "false" for a WAIT period, then set it true again, but I don't see how to set a FOLDER true/false.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

You should be able to do it by testing the state of a program, true or false, in the 'folder conditions'.

When you press the away, start a program that runs for 15 minutes, and the folder conditions test to see if that program is true or false. If true, it does not let the programs in that folder run. I think that will work.

Archived