Dead No Led's

raypanic

The PWR should be On.

If the PWR LED is Off.

Is the unit powered by the 2412S PLM or an external power supply if you have the 2413S Dual band PLM?

If it is the 2412S PLM is its LED On and the cable between it and the ISY99i is firmly connected.

If you have the external supply and a 2413S make sure it is connected well to the ISY99is external power jack and that the Green LED on the supply is On.

There is an SD card in the ISY. I haven't tried swapping one.

How old is the ISY? We can always take it in trade if it is out of warranty.

Rand

I try one of these ideas otherwise its junk right? is there a chip inside you can plug into the mew one?

I put power on the power jack and now it lights and it works fine from the network side... i am trying to get it control lights and such but nothing, maybe the PLC is bad.

All LEDs work fine even the rj45 plug. Now see if I can fix the PLC

raypanic

this may only be a typing error but in your last post you described using a PLC. The ISY does not use a PLC, it requires a PLM. They are very different devices. Check the device type on the printed label. It should be a 2412 or 2413 PLM. It cannot be a 2414 PLC.

raypanic

this may only be a typing error but in your last post you described using a PLC. The ISY does not use a PLC, it requires a PLM. They are very different devices. Check the device type on the printed label. It should be a 2412 or 2413 PLM. It cannot be a 2414 PLC.

Yes PLM.. My mind error

If you bought the ISY99i as a kit from Smarthome it should have included the power supply. If the 2413S was the PLM supplied.

Is the Green LED on the Power Supply On and is it firmly connected to the External Power connector on the ISY99i?

2413S PLM is what I have I am looking for manual right now fro, SH.

still not working, manual on 2413 has no testing info, The isy seems to work ok but system does not send or receive any traffic. when I first noticed problem the lan lights on this port were not working. So the PLC port on isy may be bad or the 2413 is blown.

any help would be helpfull on the reset/testing of the PLM/PLC Combiniation

• 2 weeks later...

I bought new unit and it works, kind of. on off commands work very quick but changin the ramp rate takes minuites. something is wrong.

I got new unit and PLM from SH as a kit ($400.00 IN ALL) hooked it up to ethetnet and plugged in PLM. started 99 console and it hooked up and seemed to work fine.

restored database from backup to new system and it all seemed to be there and working fine for on/off commands.

I did noting to PLM to add it I just plugged it in. After problem with long times then i tried to restore PLM and the it never completed. just box says system busy.... ramp rates in switch do program eventually.

Looking for some ideas.

Depending on how many devices you have Restore Modem (PLM) can take hours. You will have to perform this step for your scenes to work properly.

Restore Modem has to change all the links in your devices that point to the old PLM and replace them with links that point to the new PLM. If Restore Modem is still working changing ramp rates takes a back seat.

I am sorry I didn't realize this was an older ISY. If you will contact us we can save you some money with a trade-in rather than buying a new unit from Smarthome. We can't help with the PLM though.

Rand

I ran the PLM restore program it took most the day but now all seems fine. thanks for the tips and help.

Not sure what happend to the 99I but it seems something is wrong on the com side of the system going to the PLM. I will be testing the 2314 to se if that is the problem. then I will have a 99i I can sell on e-bay.

Archived