I/O Linc - INSTEON Garage Door Control & Status Kit Setu

markgam

Guys --

I recently have installed the I/O Linc - INSTEON Garage Door Control & Status Kit and I need some help on configuring and using it with multiple Keypads.

This is what I want to do:

1. Get a visual notification via a KeyPad button that the door is open

2. Receive an email/text message if door is open longer that 5 minutes

3. Press a button on the KPD to open/close the door.

I also want to know what mode I should set the control portion of the IOLinc to (Latching, Momentary A, Momentary B, Momentary C) and should I select any of the check boxes on the control's option form. Also what option should I select for the KPD Buttons (Toggle, Toggle On, Toggle Off, etc)?

This is what I have tried so far:

1. I have created a scene where the Status portion of the IOLinc is set as the Controller and the F Buttons on each of the KPD are set as Reponders.

2. I have created the following program to control the Garage Door:

KP-F Button Pressed

If
       (
            Control '1 Floor KP.F' is switched On
         Or Control '2 Floor Hall KP.F' is switched On
         Or Control '3 Floor KP.F' is switched On
         Or Control 'Master BD KP.F' is switched On
       )

Then
       Set '1 Floor / Garage / Garage Door-Control' On

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

4. Here is the program I am using to notify me if the door is left open for more than 5 minutes

Garage Door Notifier

If
       Status  'Garage Door-Status' is On

Then
       Wait  5 minutes 
       Send Notification to 'Family'

Else

One of the problems I am seeing is that I have to manually set the control portion of the IOLinc to off after it has been been set to On in order to operate the Garage Door. Here is the program I have for that:

Garage Control Reset

If
       Status  'Garage Door-Control' is On

Then
       Wait  2 seconds
       Set 'Garage Door-Control' Off

Else

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

One thing I forgot to mention is that the existing garage door button is a momentary switch. I have tried each setting for the IOLinc control portion (Momentary A, Momentary B, Momentary C) except for latching and the Momentary B selection seems to be the only one that works.

Getting the IOLinc to work with a garage door can be tricky. The state IOLinc sensor when linked affects how the IOLinc works. Especially the Momentary closing of the relay. Also the ISY will not show the correct relay state when one of the monentary modes is used.

I am still working on my garage door setup but currently have a working set of programs. If you look at this post you will see some of my problems.

IOLinc Query

Here is my setup:

IOLinc Sensor is connectly directly to garage door closed magnetic switch. This switch is closed when the garage door is fully closed. The IOLinc sensor LED is on when the garage door is closed. Originally I wanted to have the IOLinc sensor in a scene with a KPL button. This required the Trigger Reversed option. While it worked correctly when manually operated. As soon as an ISY query occurred the IOLinc Sensor state flipped which caused a lot of problems.

The IOLinc Relay is configured for Momemtary A. My garage door switch closes each time the button is pressed. If the door is open it will close, if closed it will open, if opening it will stop.....

I use a KPL in the garage to control the doors. The door button is configured as Non-Toggle[On]. I also configured an All Off button which will close all open doors.

I configured two scenes:

1 - Linked the IOLinc Relay with the KPL button (controller) used to open/closed the door.

2 - Just the KPL button used to control the door for status.

This program will close a garage door if All Off button is pressed. If the garage door is already closed it will not open it.

Garage Door Close
If
       Status  'Garage Door - Sensor' is Off
   And (
            Control 'Garage KPL (Door) - H' is switched Off
         Or Control 'Garage KPL (Door) - H' is switched Fast Off
       )

Then
       Set 'Garage Door - Relay' On

This is the Door Status Closed program. The KPL button used to control the door also shows the current door status.

Door Status Closed
If
       Status  'Garage Door - Sensor' is On
   And Status  'Garage KPL (Door) - B' is On

Then
       Set Scene 'Garage Door Status' Off

This is the Door Status Open program. Inverse of the Door Status Closed program.

Door Status Open
If
       Status  'Garage Door - Sensor' is Off
   And Status  'Garage KPL (Door) - B' is Off

Then
       Wait  1 second
       Set Scene 'Garage Door Status' On

The Close program has a significant limitation. If the garage door was stopped in the middle of a close cycle it will open the door. If the garage door is in the process of opening of closing the Close program will stop the door. I need to add additional functionaly get around these problems.

Archived