Morninglinc integration

edfinley

I have a morninglinc installed and talking to ISY and ELK. ELK is controlling it fine, but if it thinks the morninglinc is locked (i.e. ON) and I have a rule to lock it, nothing happens. Since the communication is only one way this sets us up for a trap. For example, my rule locks the morninglinc whenever the door closes. This works fine if ELK unlocks it. If I manually unlock it, it won't lock when the door closes, because it thinks it's already locked. If I go to the ISY web interface (which also sees it as locked) and send the lock "ON" command, it works. Is there a way I can get the ELK to send the command regardless of what it thinks the state is?

Regards,

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same system and mine works great.

Here is what I did.

I have an EZIO that I am not using all output ports on it. You could use any Insteon device that is not in use as a trigger (i.e. plug in module). I can't think of a way that the elk can trigger a flag for the ISY.

In Elk rules:

Rule 1

Whenever front door becomes not secure

and exit delay, any area is active

Then turn on output 60 for 30 seconds

Rule 2

Whenever Front door becomes secure

and output 60 is on

Then turn on "EXIO output 6" for 5 seconds

ISY rules:

If "EZIO output 6" is on

Than turn on "Front door dead bolt"

The 30 seconds is time to step out the door. Output 60 is used as a toggle and has no physical output attached. This is a great trick for many automation events. I like this as you can hear the door lock 2 seconds after door closes.

I also have an Elk rule for leaving though garage door.

Whenever exit delay, any area ends

and "Front door" is secure

Then turn on "EZIO output 6" for 5 seconds

This makes sure that front door is always locked when system is armed.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Archived