ISY-99.9?

geogecko

I keep seeing references to something called the 99.9, but am not able to find any other information out about this device, or what it does. For some reason, searching for 99.9 turns up nothing...

Anyone able to help me out?

Cool, so basically, from the outside, it looks and operates the same, still using a PLM with serial connection.

What do you mean by IR remote control? Does it have an IR sensor on it? Do you have an example use for that feature?

Thanks.

I'm guessing a different box. I was lucky enough to see a prototype at EHX, and it was in a much smaller package than the ISY-26. You can see a photo of the prototype here:

http://www.techav.com/ehx/ehxfall2007.htm

From what I understand the ISY-99.9 will also draw it's power from the PLM, so no need for an external AC adapter.

Yes, it will have an IR sensor.

So, for example, in your living room you could have your universal remote control turn on or off your lights. If you have an activity based remote or something that supports macros, you could hit a button that says "Watch a DVD" that turns on your TV, turns on your DVD player, hits play, and dims the lights.

Anything controllable through the ISY-26 will now be controllable from a universal remote!

Ah, thank you all. Did not realize there was already a thread. I'll admit, I didn't check Q/A for a post there.

I'll reserve the rest of my questions for that thread...

That would be an awesome deal to have the 99.9 with IR. Observations in the other thread...

Thanks, hope I was not too rude asking that. :wink:

Not at all, the forum structure here is a little different than I'm used to, so I didn't see the proper place to ask the question. Seems like there needs to be a "Product" or "Devices" sub forum... JMHO though.

Archived