KPL V1.5 Replace Device doesn't update programs

sceaton

If I "replace" a KPL for a new V1.5 KPL, any programs referencing the buttons on the "old KPL" were not updated in programs. For example, after the update my programs look like this:

If
       X10 'D2/On (3)' is Received
    Or Control  is switched On

Then
       Set Scene 'TV' On

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Is the ISY capable of updating programs when devices are replaced? ... if not, maybe the msg box that pops up that explains that after the updating process, the window will close, etc. can also contain a note to update any programs referencing the old device.

cheers!

~shawn

I think there is a bug that when a device is removed it makes them NULL but when you re-add a new device with the same name back in its place the program looks like it was never touched. But behind the scenes the NULL still exists and your programs will not work until you remove and reinsert it. I reported it a while back but it looks like it still exists.

I can confirm this. My "Vacation On" program:

If
       Status   Off
    Or Control  is switched On
   And Control  is not switched Off
    Or Program 'Christmas Days' is True
    Or Program 'New Years Days' is True
    Or Program 'Memorial Days' is True

Then

Else

Other than that the Replace went pretty well. I got the Socket Open Failed error and waited until the lights on the ISY and PLM quit dancing (about 2 more minutes). Then I saw a Request Failed and the Socket error again. I closed the console and reopened it and the new KPL had replaced the old.

Non-toggle button settings were copied, however I had failed to turn those buttons on before the replace so I had to change them. I get a Requester when I change the buttons individually, perhaps the Replace KPL function could include that warning.

Overall I am very impressed with the Replace Device With... 8)

Rand

Archived