Load Controller Question (2477SA2 - Normally Closed Relay)

lawr1000

Great work Lee!

I have version 1.0 with software 3A. I like fitzpatri8 I can't easily turn my load on and off. But from what I have seen so far my unit is acting the same. My Load Active LED is always on when the Load Controller is on. I can't reliably get the Load Active LED to go off when the Load Controller is off but I also don't know when the load is "demanding".

Both the Quick Start and the Manual clearly indicate indicate that if the Load Controller's relay is off the Active LED is off. So something is amiss.

I have had my light linked to Scene 1 on the load controller for over a week now and I am pretty convinced that the load "demand" functionality is wrong. For sure when the load controller relay is on the load "demand" reports on always. When the load controller is off all bets are off. The light randomly turns on and off with no relationship with the actual load.

I'm convinced that Load Controller hardware is messed up when is comes to the load "demand" Scenes.

Just subscribing to this thread as I am considering this unit in the future. But ONLY if all the bugs have been worked out on these devices.

Accurate and live Information is critical for me regarding the devices I will be tying into . . .

Please keep us all updated to this new product . . .

• 1 month later...

I saw the post "The last two nights I have come home and the Load Active LED has been flashing on and off somewhat randomly at about 1.5s intervals. This is with the module switched off and after using Lee's method to 'reset' the load active condition. "

I installed the device in my week end house and wrote a program to turn off my water heater monday through thursday. The next morning (Saturday), I noticed the the unit was alternating between off and on. A check with a volt meter confirmed that it was turning on & off the water heater at about 1.5s intervals. Does anybody have any ideas why this is happening?

I saw the post "The last two nights I have come home and the Load Active LED has been flashing on and off somewhat randomly at about 1.5s intervals. This is with the module switched off and after using Lee's method to 'reset' the load active condition. "

I installed the device in my week end house and wrote a program to turn off my water heater monday through thursday. The next morning (Saturday), I noticed the the unit was alternating between off and on. A check with a volt meter confirmed that it was turning on & off the water heater at about 1.5s intervals. Does anybody have any ideas why this is happening?

That sound like conflicting programs to me. In my case, the device does not turn on and off. That function has always been reliable. Only the load active light demand indicator was erroneously flashing on and off. The load was off the whole time.

Next time you see it happening, disable all programs, or just unplug the PLM and see if it continues.

My Load Controller is also stable as far as turning the load On and Off. I have not seen the load cycle like that. The demand load sensing does not work reliably but that is only a state indicator. It has no effect on the actual load being controlled, at least it does not on the one I have.

Archived