Adding Dual Band PLM

Teken

Though in the drop down list in the add a device tab.

There are a few entries for PLCs and PLMs. :?:

I just added a 2412S PLM to My Lighting and could read its link database.

It was not the one connected to the ISY99i and I have no idea why someone would add a PLM or older PLC to My Lighting.

Although a PLM can be physically added to the My Lighting list it is not functional. It cannot be used in Scenes because the 254 predefined nodes representing each of the possible 254 Group numbers are not defined.

Also there are at present PLMs with three different memory configurations in the field. To correctly manage the PLM link database requires the application of the same algorithm used by the 2.8.x images to determine SHN device PLM memory size. Today that algorithm is applied against SHN devices only. Without knowing the PLM memory size the correct start location of the PLM link database is not known. One can do a Show Device Links Table but the Set MSB value will not be correct across the full line of possible PLMs that can be added.

Lee

Perhaps PLM support was planned at some point before Smartlabs starting shipping PLMs with three different memory configurations. Actually 4 if you count the PLM that has the larger memory but the PLM firmware using it as though it had the small memory configuration. Perhaps it is something planned for the future.

Archived