Oops- New thread-Does not adjust from within a scene

ELA

In reponse to a previous thread - sorry I messed up ... didn't mean to start a new thread.

No Brian it will not adjust. My first attempts were to set it totally locally.

In addition I put the 2876DB in question into a scene and tried various ramp rates for the scene. It always comes on at a fast rate (guessing 0.1 sec) no matter what the ramp setting was. The first time I tried to set it to 6.5 sec it locked up and I had to air gap it to recover.

I tried air gapping after each new scene setting as well with no luck. So I am convinced they mean what they say at the web site that this unit cannot be adjusted. Yet others have units that do adjust and they are new units? That is not very good marketing.

Isn't it also strange that locally it will only ramp at 2.0 seconds yet in a scene it is very fast (regardless of scene ramp setting)?

My 2876DB is a ver. 39.

My ISY99 is a v.2.7.15

Perhaps I should upgrade my ISY99 firmware?

It does seem a bit buggy at times. Any input there?

Not sure on what flaky things you are having and updating to 2.8.10 would cure. There is a what was added and fixed in a thread for the update.

Since Smarthome/Smartlabs never advertised the Icon 2876D as having an adjustable ramp rate.

Those that got ones that did. Got a bonus.

Even my original 2876D manual in pdf format. Doesn't mention an adjustable ramp rate.

I don't know enough about the difference in a local paddle push and the command that ISY sends. It is possible the remote command has a different ramp rate than the local one.

Brian is right on about the difference between Local Bright level and Ramp rate versus when a device is reacting as a Responder to a Scene. The Local Bright Level and Ramp Rate apply to when the local paddle/button is pressed controlling the load physically attached to the device. The link record created in the device for each responder link contains a unique Bright Level and Ramp Rate. A SwitchLinc controlled from 10 different Controllers can respond with 10 different Bright Level and Ramp Rate combinations even though there is only one Local Bright Level and Ramp Rate associated with the SwitchLinc.

I have many old ICON switches which do not support variable Ramp Rate which is consistent with what the ICON documentation has always said. I don't know when that capability was added and now perhaps taken away. That was originally one of the reasons given for the ICON line being less expensive than the SwitchLinc line.

I normally don't use dimmers in my setup, but added the one Icon Dimmer I have to My Lighting.

I can set the local ramp rate on my HW 1.1. Firmware reported by My Lighting as v.26

After setting it you have to pull the air gap switch or in my case toggle the AC on and off on the test bench. For it to take effect.

I believe no messages to it for four minutes also works but never tried that.

Archived