KPL scene or program?

boatfevor

Hello all, what I would like to do is set up a bedtime button on the KPL. I would like to press one button and turn off the kitchen however turn on the stair light and hallway light to 50%. I have played around with the programing however I get the little icon when I hit save. Can one of you give me a short example? Thanks for your time

Corey

I get the little icon when I hit save

???? Not sure what you mean here.

For your programming example, set your KPL button as non-toggle off. Then, write a program such as:

if
control KPL button is switched off
then 
set 'kitchen' off
set ' stair light" to 50%
else

There are many ways to do this. The above is one example that may give you some ideas.

Hi Corey,

I always use scenes. Using scenes allows you to specify the ramp rate and level of every device in the scene.

You can use multiple KPL buttons to control the scene if that is what you want. One downstairs to set that scene on and a different button to turn the scene off. Add both buttons to the scene as controllers as well as all the responders. Set the levels you desire for each responder. Copy Scene Attributes after you select each controller.

Rand

I "think" I am getting it now. I guess my next question would be how can I use KPL LED to let me know if any lights are on.

For example, I went to bed but left the garage light on. I would like the KPL to tell me there is a light on......

am I getting in way to deep???

Boat,

Use the KPL button as a responder to the switch in the scene. I use this to tell me if the garage door is open, or exterior lights are on.

Archived