ISY-26 Does Not Detect My RemoteLinc

gwarthur

I just received a RemoteLinc (RL) and tap-linked it to some devices just to see if it worked. It does, but I have a couple of questions:

I tried to link it to the ISY-26 (using Start Linking and 'Add devices found in links and keep existing links', then holding down one of the RL buttons in its ON position for 10 seconds) but nothing shows up. In other words, no new devices appear on the My Lighting tree.

Am I doing this wrong? Do I have to put the RL into Multi-link mode? In the past, linking devices to the ISY has been straightforward and easy.

Also, to get the ISY to monitor RL signals, should I put the ISY in linking mode while I'm tap-linking devices, or should I always link from within the ISY by creating scenes?

-George

You can't add the remote link that way. You have to use the "Link Management --> Link a Remotelinc" to do it.

The ISY automatically prompts you when to put it in link mode when you do any programming that affects it. And when your programming any large scenes don't worry if the Remotelinc times out of link mode it gets programmed early on in the busy loop.

Well, like my mom used to say when pointing out something I was looking for that was right in front of my face, "If it was a snake, it would have bitten you!"

I've probably pulled down the Link Management menu fifty times, but just never noticed the "Link a RemoteLinc" entry. Many thanks, marksanctuary. -GA

Archived