High Wattage Dual Band Switchlinc Dimmer

Brian H

Yup, how much use that is compared to releasing dual band switchlinc relays (on/off) modules is hard to understand. :evil:

I compared the component size in the dual band to the other units and its the same. So physical space is not the deciding factor here.

If its just testing and certs, I could see that taking some time. But, in the big picture both units would have been submitted and certfied at the same time.

Release dates would have been the same in both cases. Sometimes you have to just shake your head at the marketing guys, and those who are making the decision on the product releases. :roll:

The positive side of all of this is that it is another new module to help the next person who needs it. It also grows the dual band family product line up to where it was suppose to be 5 years ago!

LOL, I still get a good laugh at some of the old marketing stuff indicating dual mesh, dual band etc.

I am so happy I waited the last 5 years to jump aboard . . . :D

• 3 weeks later...

The 600W dimmer and 1000W dimmer are based on the same engine and FCC testing. Doing both 600W and 1000W as the first RF release was an easy way to get two switches in one process. The relay will come but there is a little more work involved in that one. I go back to day one as an INSTEON installer and I do remember the technology as supporting dual band but I was never under the impression that the early switches had RF in them. That would have been a big deal at the time and not hard to miss if they did.

Steve L

Smartlabs,

Archived