Run Program from Summary Page

jgraziano

Here is what I would be interested in.

If I run a program, I would like to be able to call another program and run the "Then" or the "Else" based on the "If" of the secondary program... In other words, have programs that only run if called by other programs.

Right now, it seems that if a program calls another program, it immediately runs the "Then"

"Frist level program (runs)" --> "Second level program (evaluates IF and runs)" ...

I second that! It would be great to be able to run a program including the 'If', but not to take away the selective run either. So we could have three possible actions:

Run Program 'ThisProgram'

Run Program 'ThisProgram' (Then Path)

Run Program 'ThisProgram' (Else Path)

The first would run the 'If'. This seems semantically more clear to me, in that when you 'run the program' (first line), you're running the whole program, including the condition; when you run a specific part, it is clearly labeled in the other lines.

If it can be implemented, I think Joe's three action choices would make sense and be useful.

Right now the Run and Run Else in the drop down box confused me a little until I realized that Run really meant Run Then. So the drop down list for a Program would become Run, Run Then, Run Else, or Stop.

Archived