Scene on KPL with the load

gmurch

I am sure this has been covered before but I thought I would ask anyway (have been searching but can't seem to find the answer)

I created a scene with a group of devices (called "Movie" on one KPL (eight button mode) the "d" button is the controller - works perfect. One light (stairway) is part of that scene. On the stairway KPL (6 button mode) I have the stairway lights as the load and the top button is "on" and bottom button is "off" -- button "C" is movie and I dropped that into the same scene as a controller -- the KPL lights are in sync but the scene doesn't respond correctly from the KPL that has the load on it -- I do have a couple of KPL's in the house in 8 button config and they include the "load" in some of the scenes - no problem. Is this a limitation of the 6 button mode or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Glenn

So are you saying when you run a sub button scene from the load Keypadlinc the load on that same Keypadlinc does not work correctly?

If this is the case the local Keypadlinc load only follows the LED of the sub button. If the LED is on the light will be on and if off the light will be off. And the load will only use the dimmer local level. That means you can only have one dimmer level for any local sub buttons linked to that load.

Otherwise I am confused with your description.

Hi Mark:

Sorry for the confusion. I'll try to describe as best as I can. The sub button on the KPL is a conroller of a scene that includes the large "on" button (6 button) mode -- the LEDs follow the scene but the actual light attached to the load doesn't come on. I have another button on a different KPL that is also a controller for that scene and when IL press it the scene works as it should (including the load on the other KP's large button)

Thanks in advance

Glenn

Archived