Is there any way to tell load status as trigger?

Galun

Here's my situation. My crawlspace gets flooded when there is heavy rain. I want to put a pump at the lowest point of the crawl space to pump the water out. The pump is contolled by a flotation switch. Usually the device is off with no power. When the crawlspace gets flooded and water lifts the float switch, it turns on power and activates the pump.

I want a device that can tell the on/off status of that switch. Can I achieve this by plugging it into Synchrolinc?

My insteon system is connected to Elk M1G via isy99i. I want to take the On/Off status of that switch to trigger alerts within my home, say for example WHENEVER switch turns on THEN make water alert announcement.

The synchrolinc should allow me to do this right?

Thanks!

Simple answer is Yes.

The only caveat is the device is new. Since its primary function is load sensing it should work. Devices like the 220V Load Controller have a secondary function of load sensing, independent of the primary function of switching a 220V load, and that load sensing is unreliable. Would not expect that to be an issue with the SynchroLinc but it is a concern of mine. I’m waiting for a few positive experiences from folks before making the investment.

EDIT: 3.1.1 or above is required as this image added support for the SynchroLinc

Archived