Reset PLM

abacus

abacus

Before doing this why is it necessary?

Unplug the PLM for 30 seconds. Disconnect cable going to the ISY. Press and hold Set button on PLM BEFORE plugging it in. Hold Set button for 10 seconds after plugging it in. Reconnect cable to ISY. Do a Tools | Diagnostics | Show PLM Links Table to confirm PLM configuration reset.

Lee

I was advised by a rep at smart home to import all of my devices with links. That created a mess in the software of scenes that existed. On my second call I was advised to import each device (60+) individually without links and create the scenes in the software. To do this he advised to factory reset my ISY. I did and all devices no Linder appeared. However when I press "all off" on the my lighting section it still turns off ever device in my house. What I want to do is get a fresh out of the box start on all of my devices.

Open to suggestions.

I have about 60 devices. 20 of them are dual band switches so that I can assure solid coverage across 11,000 sq ft.

When you link two devices (such as a PLM with a switch), the linking process writes a link to both the controller and the responder device. The link in the responder devices allows all scene responders to react simultaneously, while the link in the controller allows the controller to confirm that all the responders got the scene command.

By performing a factory reset on the PLM, you erased the controller links, but the responder links remained intact. To really start from scratch, you'd either need to factory-reset the responder devices as well or delete the responder devices from the ISY then re-add them using the "Remove existing links" option.

abacus

Thanks. I would suggest discussing ISY questions here on the UDI/ISY forum as I think the advice will be better.

If you have already reset the ISY then go ahead and reset the PLM.

The Group Broadcast Off for Group 255 (All Off) is not dependent on Group definitions in the PLM. There will still be links in the devices so an All Off from the ISY is likely going to be unaffected by a PLM reset. The ISY does not issue conventional PLM Group commands (0261) over the serial interface. Rather they are individual Insteon messages (0262) which in this case have the format of a Group Broadcast message.

I've never tried to put a configuration together as you have so my conclusions are theoretical but I think correct.

Lee

Thank you for the responses. What I really want to accomplish is a clean start so there are no orphan links in my system. So far I have factory reset both the ISY and PLM. The devices still respond to the all off and all on command. Is there a simple way to reset them? Or does it matter?

If I understand your response, by re adding them and removing links this will reset them. Correct?

Deleting devices and re-adding them using the "Remove existing links" option will erase the responder devices' link tables, but I don't think it will change other settings like x10 programming, LED brightness or non-toggle keypad buttons. For those, you would need to perform a factory reset.

What trouble were you having with switch resets? Were the devices you were unable to reset Icon Dimmer or Relay, SwitchLinc Dimmer or Relay, ToggleLinc Dimmer or Relay, or Keypad Dimmer or Relay? Were you able to cut power successfully by pulling out the airgap?

Archived