General Number Entry Into Variable Using a Controllinc

scotnor

Hello everyone,

I would like to propose a feature that would make it easier to input general numbers into variables. What I have is a spare controllinc that I have set up programs for to allow a integer to be built up based on button presses. I chose this device because it is spare, has ten buttons for digits, and bright and dim buttons for control. The problem that I believe I am seeing is that once an on or off button is pressed, that same button can not be input again until the other state button is pressed. What I might do to implement this in programs is to allow as a condition 'switched on regardless of current state'. This could have several useful functions including access codes, access lists, countdown entries. I am seeing activity in the event log, but nothing gets done. This same concept could also be used with the remotelinc.

Regards,

Scott

Trigger the Program with Control rather than Status. An If Control will trigger each time an On command is received even if receiving consecutive On commands. Status does not work because the next On does not change the status which is already On.

Ok, my bad. I had a few that were control, but most were status. Will correct and retest. Thanks.

Follow up:

I have retested and this is much better. What I did notice is that $Code init to 0 did not work in my clear code programs, I had to use $Code *= 0. Also, when I recreated this yesterday, I rapid fired the creation. Some items were remembered from the previous program's creation and perhaps others (maybe control/status) were not remembered or were random.

Anyway, I can now get on with the next phase of this project.

Regards,

Scott

A variable can be set to $xxx = 0 in a clear program. Does not help over a reboot if changing the Init value on the fly is the objective but a clear program can be set to run at start up. I think there is a post regarding a problem with Init. That it functions correctly but does not show the result in the Admin Console GUI.

See page 4 of this topic …

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=5987

Archived