Isy doesnt light up Keypadlinc

RckreadyTJ

I have an outletlinc linked to a keypadlinc scene A. I wrote a simple program to have them turn on and off everynight but for some reason when they turn on, the keypadlinc goes dark. Any suggestions...

If time is "Sunset"

Then turn: Frontyard lv lights ON

Frontyard LV lights KPL (on 12/off 7)

Backyard LV lights ON

Backyard LV lights KPL (on 12/ off 7)

RckreadyTJ

Are you trying to change the KeypadLinc backlight level or do you want the KeypadLinc button LED to turn On as if the button was pressed?

If the KPL button LED should turn On and KPL button is a Secondary button (not the load control button), define an ISY Scene with the KPL button as a Responder. In the Program turn the Scene On/Off to control the button LED On/Off state.

Lee

I want the light on the keypad to turn onn as if it was pressed so that i know the lights are on. The kpl button is a secondary button but i do have it linked to the outside outletlinc so that i can maually hit the button and turn on the outlet

RckreadyTJ

Thanks. The current Program statements are trying to adjust the backlight level, not what you want to do.

KeypadLinc Secondary buttons cannot be turned ON/OFF directly with a Program. That is why there was no option for doing so when the Action statement was defined. Define a Scene with the KPL button as a responder and turn the Scene ON/OFF.

Lee

Ok i got it. So how would you set up dim levels for devices in a scene? Say I had a scene called "party mode" and wanted certain things to come on at certaon levels. I already have the scene set up with one button as a controller for all of the devices, but i cant seem to make the devices dim whrn the scene is turned on.

RckreadyTJ

In the My Lighting tree, find the Scene name and under the Scene name are all the Controller names. Click on the Controller which will display all the Responders on the right side with On Level and Ramp Rate for each Responder.

Each Controller can have a unique set of On Level and Ramp Rate values for the Responder. When the Scene name is selected the Responder values are those in effect when a Program or the Admin Console sends the Scene On command.

Lee

Archived