2876DB Icon Dimmer - Confused

AZAutomation

I have a 2876DB Icon Dimmer Switch controlling a bathroom light (about two weeks now). It was being controlled by two different devices, a KeypadLinc Scene button and a few timer programs on an ISY-99i. Out of the blue, it quit communicating with the ISY-99i. I did the standard troubleshooting including rebooting controllers, modems, etc. Nothing prevailed despite the KeypadLinc continuing to control the switch. I got so frustrated I removed the switch from the ISY-99i and I set the Icon Dimmer Switch back to factory defaults. Now when I try to link the switch with the KeypadLinc it acts weird, and the ISY-99i doesn’t find it when adding a new Insteon device.

I put the Icon Dimmer Switch in linking mode (up on paddle for 10 seconds), switch beeps, load flashes, led flashes.

I push the scene key on the KeypadLinc for 3 seconds, load flashes, Icon Dimmer switch in bathroom beeps LONG, led continues flashing.

I press either the Icon Dimmer Switch or the KeypadLinc Scene button to pull it out of programming mode, and nothing happens.

Is the switch broke or am I doing something wrong. How do I get it to linc to the KeypadLinc Scene button and get it to communicate with the ISY-99i again. It’s the only switch having problems.

FYI: I haven’t had any communication errors with any other switches, and I have multiple dual band switches on that same circuit about 3 feet away from this switch.

jsveom

There is a communications problem with the ICON Dimmer. Since neither the KeypadLinc nor the ISY PLM can communicate with the ICON Dimmer there is some problem with powerline communication or perhaps the ICON Dimmer has failed (not likely though).

What type of load is the ICON Dimmer controlling?

The easiest way to eliminate the possibility of an ICON Dimmer failure is to connect the switch to an appliance cord and plug it in at the ISY PLM plug point. Factory reset the ICON Dimmer and added it to the ISY. If that works the issue is with the load the ICON Dimmer is controlling or a powerline issue at the original location. If the ISY cannot add it when powered from the PLM plug point it likely defective.

Lee

Archived