Simple Program Question

Crusty

I recently installed a group of LampLincs and two ToggleLincs in a three-way configuration to set up a scene unifying the control of a bunch of lights inside my home.

Once that was done, I set up a simple program on my ISY to turn these on at sunset and off 30 minutes before sunrise.

Pretty simple stuff. And it seems to work fine.

I noted this evening that these lights did not come on at sunset.

Logging into my ISY, I noted a message about communication problems with one of the LampLincs in this group. I tested the device in question a few different ways - from the ToggleLincs, from the RemoteLinc that also part of this, and from within the ISY admin - and it seems to be working and responding fine.

So the question is: if the ISY sees a device and detects a communication problem, does it not run a program that includes that device, thus affecting all devices grouped together in that program?

Thanks in advance for any insights and help!

So the question is: if the ISY sees a device and detects a communication problem, does it not run a program that includes that device, thus affecting all devices grouped together in that program?

I believe programs are executed regardless of the existence of communication problems. I don't believe the ISY-99 knows of communication problems prior to the execution of programs, but, rather, only AFTER programs are run.

I tested the device in question a few different ways - from the ToggleLincs, from the RemoteLinc that also part of this, and from within the ISY admin - and it seems to be working and responding fine.

Did you run a scene test? What were the results?

Sometimes communication is intermittent...good one time and not so good another. Sometimes there are devices throughout the house that are only sometimes running (furnace, refigerator, dryer, etc) and causing problems.

Question...do you have access points or other dual-band devices configured in such a way as to communicate between the legs of your electrical system?

Thanks so much for the reply and ideas.

I just ran a scene test four times. On the first instance, two devices failed, with one of them being the same one I received the communication error about the day before. The next three instances of the test found all devices successfully.

And to the access point question; I do have two of them. And; aren't the new dual-band LampLincs supposed to serve the same purpose in regard to propagating the signal and even bridging the phases?

Archived