Need to Sync every time I restart my iPhone

mitch236

As the title says, every time I restart my phone, I need to manually sync my mobilinc. Not just the startup of mobilinc which seems to sync with so much activity but I can't run programs until I go to Settings and manually sync with ISY. This only affects programs, the Devices and Scenes work without manual sync.

Very weird but it all used to work fine before 3.01

Hi Mitch,

Let me see if I can get to the bottom of this. Some background information: MobiLinc cannot allow the user to issue program commands until it has the current Program Key from the ISY. The program key changes frequently for a number of reasons and as a result, MobiLinc has to assume that the program key has changed from one launch of MobiLinc to the next. So, on startup, as MobiLinc is gathering status of devices it will also get the current Program Key and Program Status. Once the Program Status has refreshed in MobiLinc you know that MobiLinc has the current Program Key from the ISY and can now issue program commands.

Just so that I'm clear, is the only reason you have to resync with the ISY is to establish manual program control again? What happens if you force quit MobiLinc, relaunch MobiLinc, go to My Programs and wait for Program status? After receiving Program status can you control your programs as expected?

Wes

Update: Can you confirm if you have either option: "Auto Sync over Wi-Fi or 3G" enabled? Also, does the issue present itself after you've updated programs in your ISY through the Admin console?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived