Scene not displaying Status correctly

mitch236

Wes, I have a Morninglinc door lock and the ISY link shows two devices (this is normal) so I made a scene with both devices. I have set the advanced properties to use an icon and to report the status as either Locked or Unlocked. When I use the Scene to unlock the door, the status shows Unlocked. When I lock the door using the scene, the status shows 100%. If I check the devices individually (I changed both of their advanced properties the same way), they both show the status as Locked.

Can I fix the scene?

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the scene status report. Since scene status is calculated by MobiLinc we have to build in support for these unique devices into our scene status algorithm. I've got it now fixed and will be in our next release to Apple. Apple is currently reviewing the next version, so as soon as they are finished with our next version we'll get this submitted for approval.

Wes

Thanks and while you are building a better interface, could you add two things?

1. The option to have or not have headings on the Favorite page? IOW, now the page is divided into three catagories and those divisions take up alot of visual real estate.

2. Have the option to change the icons of programs which can change with status (true vs false)

Hi Mitch,

1. We are exploring a new Favorites interface that will address this.

2. For Program Status the Gear icon is moving when the program is running and still when program is not running. How would you want to see Program status of True and False with the existing set of On/Off icons and show the Program as running or not running? We grappled with this and would like community feedback on how the icons for programs should work in the future. Please post if you have suggestions.

Wes

The gear works well but it would be great to assign differing icons to programs. IOW, one of my programs opens my gate, turns on outdoor lighting if it's past sunset and before sunrise and some other things. I would like to use your gate icon instead of the gear. Maybe the gate could open while the program is running and then close when not running. The true/false could still be shown.

The other concern is that I mostly using Mobilinc in my car while driving and I've noticed you've changed the contact area for programs. Now I have to be very careful to only touch the gear where before I could touch anywhere on the program. Maybe a choice of how the interface reacts in the setup menu?

Archived