MobiLinc HD and 3.1.9

rlebel

Thanks rlebel for the followup, would you confirm something for me?

Would you check your settings and report back the following:

Do you have both HTTP and HTTPS IP/Port information filled out?

Do you have the connect method set to Auto?

If Connect Method is set to Auto is MobiLinc detecting HTTP or HTTPS for the connect method?

Thanks,

Wes

Thanks rlebel,

This is the correct MobiLinc behavior, but I wouldn't be surprised if MobiLinc is unable to auto-detect HTTP at some points throughout the day. I'm working with UDI this morning to narrow in on a network change in 3.1.9 that sometimes prevents MobiLinc from auto-finding the ISY. Just so that you are aware in case you see the behavior change.

Wes

My iPad will not work outside of my network now with 3.1.9 on my ISY - all was fine before this firmware update.

When I am outside my network I guess MobiLinc cannot find my ISY - Notice no ON or OFF indicators!?

ipadscreenshot.jpg

Hi dstanley,

The 3.1.9 issue is only affecting local Wi-Fi auto detect. Your issue is most likely caused by the ISY rebooting after the firmware upgrade and the ISY being assigned a different IP address. This would cause the router to not be able to route external requests correctly since the ISY now has a different IP address.

Please double check your router's port forwarding settings and confirm that all IP address and port settings are correct in the router for your ISY's current IP address.

Wes

Hmmm ... My ISY has the same address and seems to work fine on my own wireless and also on 3G when I am at home.

The screen shot was on my wifi at my work ... I need to try 3G from my work to see what happens.

This is weird!?

Edit:

Ok ... It does NOT work on 3G ... I was wrong ... It can't find the UUID of the controller

Hi dstanley,

Can you confirm your router's port forwarding settings? Just to rule out any IP changes in the router/ISY. That would explain why you can't reach your ISY over 3G if you router is now misconfigured for some reason.

Thanks,

Wes

And, do you access your home through a properly operating DNS, or a static WAN address?

I am connecting over a static IP address to my ISY. Using dd-wrt firmware on a Netgear router. Ports are forwarded to my ISY which also has a static IP on my network. Absolutely no problems with previous ISY firmware - this seemed to have happened with 3.1.9 firmware - probably NOT a MobiLinc problem!?

EDIT - wow I can't believe this - I did a remote reboot of my router (I am at work) and now the MobiLinc works - I am so sorry - I should have known better!

Dwight

Archived