SwitchLinc Dimmer LED control

dstanley

I can't seem to control the LED's on my #2476D SwitchLinc Dimmers. I would like to dim or extinguish the LED's through the dead of night so my rooms with three units are not glaring at me.

I have tried manipulating them throughout the ISY using the LED BRIGHTNESS button in the Main folders as well as trying to manipulate them through a program. It seems no matter what I try i cannot get the LED Brightness to change at all!?

I looked at the online manual that instructions for using the SET BUTTON in a 3-3-3 method but I can't seem to make that work either.

Can anyone give me some help or direction in what else I could try to change the LED Brightness?

I must be missing something ... I don't have the Revision or date codes written down but these are all units purchased this year.

Thanks for any help ...

dstanley

What does the Admin Console show for the firmware level v.xx?

My v.38 reacts to the LED Brightness. Setting it to 0 brings the LEDs to full bright. A value of 1/2/3 and so on is very dim.

Probably depends on the firmware level of the SwitchLinc

Lee

ISY Console reports that I have 6 SwitchLincs at V.37 and then I have 3 more listed as SwitchLinc Dimmer W/Beeper v.38

I am trying to control the LED's on the v.37 ones - I will have to do some tests with the v.38 ones to see if they work the way I want.

Can the firmware be upgraded or would I have to swap out SwitchLincs to make them do what I want?

Dwight

dstanley

ISY 2.8.16 and 3.1.10 control the SwitchLinc LED Brightness at v38. There was a fix for I2 LED Brightness problems in one of the early 3.1.x images.

I think you will find the v38 firmware is required to control LED Brightness.

As was already noted Smarthome does not have a program to upgrade device firmware. Perhaps the v38 devices can be installed at the locations where LED Brightness is important.

Lee

I think you will find the v38 firmware is required to control LED Brightness.Lee

Lee good call. I had forgotten that it took a while for the SL dimmers to have the beep and LED dim capability after it was available on the SL relay models. I’ll bet you are right on with the rev 38. I replaced mine earlier this year and they are all v38 and will dim.

Tim

I am running the 3.1.10 on my ISY ... I messed around an it looks like I can control the LED brightness on my three v.38 SwitchLinc Dimmers but no control on my 6 v.37 SL Dimmers - bummer.

I can understand that newer firmware can add programming but I was under the impression that LED control had been around for a while as I was reading about all this stuff.

What would be the best way to move a v.37 dimmer <--> v.38 and still maintain my ISY links?

I want to move two RecRoom v.38 SLD's to my Masterbath and then move those v.37 ones back to my RecRoom.

Thank you for your help - this stuff is still a little overwhelming to me but I am learning!

Dwight

dstanley

There is a “Replace xxxx with ....†function that allows the ISY to logically replace one device with a functionally equivalent device. An approach is to find a V.38 that has the fewest Scenes and Programs associated with it. Delete the v.38 from ISY and add it back. Now right click on one of the v.37 devices in the bedroom and select Replace xxxx with .... and pick the v.38 just added back that has no Scenes or Programs associated with it as the replacement.

The v.37 that was just "replaced" can now be added back and used to Replace a different v.38. When that Replace is done that v.38 can then be added back and use it to replace another v.37.

When all is done there will be a few devices that still have to be added back and manually reconstructed.

If you have a spare device that is functionally equivalent to a SwitchLinc Relay it can be added to the ISY and used to replace the first of the v.38's which can then used to Replace one of the v.37's in the bedroom and so on.

Lee

Thank you Lee ... I really appreciate all the help/advise/tips that you give on this board. I don't think I would have attempted my Insteon installation without having access to this board and reading all the comments from the enthusiasts like you that are here.

Be warned - however - this will not be my last question - ha!

Dwight

Archived