RemoteLink 2 2444 Support?

Guest edilks

The RL2 should have no problem controlling the SwitchLinc Relay. What is actually happening? Error when creating the ISY Scene, Scene created but RL2 does not control the SwitchLinc Relay?

Can you provide more details and perhaps an Event Viewer trace with Level 3-Device communication events selected when the problem occurs.

Thanks for your quick response!

Following the basic linking instructions (from memory here):

1) Tap the 2444A3 Switchlinc2 remote on the "on" side of the paddle.

2) Put the 2476S switch into the mode for which I want to set the "scene". In this case "on".

2) Press and hold the linking button on the bottom of the 2444A3. Remote beeps and green light starts blinking.

3) Press the linking button on the bottom of the 2476S. 2476S beeps and starts blinking.

4) At this point they're supposed to link up, but both just blink at each other until I cancel the operation or they time out.

I have tried this with two 2444A3 and a 2444A4. None have connected. Right now my 2476S is functioning as a $45 light switch, which is $44.25 too much to pay for a light switch.

Do not create set button links when using the ISY. There are a few exceptions for special devices which include instructions on how to do set button links with those devices. The ISY will not be aware of the link created and will overlay and/erase the set button links.

Define an ISY Scene, add the RL2 button as a Controller and the SwitchLinc either as a responder or controller depending on how the SwitchLinc will be used.

Remember to put the RL2 into linking mode before adding the RL2 button to the ISY Scene.

Thanks for your help. Please forgive my ignorance as I'm really new to this product. I'm not using any software. What is an ISY?

The basic instructions do not indicate that any additional software is required to link the switch to the remote. They indicate that if I follow the instructions described above that the two should pair up, but they don't seem to be seeing each other via that process.

If I need to install some software, can you direct me to a link for it?

EDIT: I see now where the confusion may lie. I thought this was the Insteon forum, but it's clearly just for ISY users (I just looked up what an ISY is).

My apologies. I have moved my request to the Insteon forum. Thanks for your help!

Archived