Motion Sensors issue 2420m

lafleur

In general, a motion sensor is located in a remote place that is not within easy access.

Many times one need a ladder for access.

But when I set the JP5 jumper, I should be able to program and operate them from the ISY... but NO,

I must get the unit, bring it to the PC and press the button on it, do the programming and then return

the unit to its place of operation, test it and maybe do it all over again...

You should explain this to the manufacture, that when the JP5 jumper is installed, the ISY should be able to

program or reload the device at will, without the required removal and pressing of the stupid button...

They need a firmware upgrade to make this device work correctly and to make a device that will work easily

with automations system like the ISY.

Thanks...

The motion sensors are a battery operated device as you know.

To prevent short battery life. They go into a suspended operating mode.

When in this mode. The electronics can not receive any communications from anything.

That is why you have to push the button.

If they listened all the time. You would be climbing the ladder more often to change the batteries.

I believe HouseLinc use to remember pending changes and the next time the sensor woke up to send a command. It sent the pending changes to the sensor before it went back to suspended mode. I also understand it didn't work well and maybe gone in the latest revision of HouseLinc.

Archived