ISY and/or PLM Not Seeing RemoteLinc Keypresses

dpower

I'm attempting to trigger ISY programs based on RemoteLinc 1 keypresses (i.e. Control Status in ISY parlance) but the ISY isn't seeing them. My Insteon devices sees (or is it "hears") RL keypresses reliably so I know the signal's strong. But no luck on the ISY.

I've gone so far as to plug an Access Point directly into the PLM. Still no love. I now have 3 AP's and a dual-band dimmer in my setup but the ISY isn't seeing RF buttons.

Are there any hints or tips anyone can offer?

Thanks,

dp

dpower

If the Event Viewer does not see any Insteon traffic when the RemoteLinc button is pressed usually means the link records in the RemoteLinc or the PLM related to the RemoteLinc are missing/damaged. This assumes the RemoteLinc RF is being received by a Dual Band device and the 120V phases are correctly coupled, and the Dual Band device is in range of the ISY PLM.

First right click the top node of the RemoteLinc and select Restore Device. Be sure RemoteLinc is in linking mode by pressing Dim/Bright buttons until RemoteLinc LED blinks.

If that does not restore RemoteLinc communication with the ISY PLM Delete the RemoteLinc and add it back to the ISY.

Lee

Lee... Those are solid ideas and I just tried them both. Still no go. I still don't see any RL traffic in the Event Viewer. I see all the INST-SRX and INST-ACK's as the device is linking. I see device status changes when I send a REST command. But -- and I just clued into this now -- I see neither RL key presses NOR status changes initiated by RL key presses.

I'm fairly certain I have my phases coupled. If they weren't, the ISY wouldn't be able to link the RL to anything, correct? And it does that without problem. Is there anything else that would create the symptoms I'm seeing? I'm stumped.

Thanks,

dp

When the Delete/New INSTEON Device sequence does not work either the RemoteLinc is defective or the PLM link database has become corrupted. Install new batteries in the RemoteLinc, do another Delete/New INSTEON Device. If that does not work factory reset the PLM and do a Restore Modem (PLM).

Thanks for the feedback. Glad it is working. If you have the time can you do a Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Info/Status and post the firmware of the PLM. The Insteon address of the PLM will be followed a v??/ Connected. Would like to know the v?? value. Thanks

Can the PLM firmware be updated yes but Smarthome/Smartlabs does not offer that service. The PLM does have a programming interface socket in it and I believe Smartlabs has a deal with Simplehomenet to update theirs for the EXIO8SA upgrade offer.

v.63. I believe that is one of the 2412S PLMs with the smaller 417 Link Database.

Yes AA.AA.AA was the address used in the developers kit models.

Though not too active I am brian in the developers forums.

I started with the 2414U PLC and the SALadIDE program. Along with SDM3.