Time dependent ramp rates and on levels

retsell

Since we all know we can set the local ramp rate and on level using the ISY, how difficult would it be to have a program change these values dependent on the time? For instance, my wife loves to get up in the night to go to the bathroom and turn the light on blinding me. If I could make the on level 50% if it's later than midnight it would be great.

The only thing I have found is to set the on level to 50% and then have a program turn it up to 100% if it's during the day. This would create a decent delay during the day time, and I'm not really excited about doing it, so I was hoping maybe in a future release something like this may be available?

I use this in my bathroom:

If

Status 'Bathroom Switch' is Off

And Control 'Bathroom Switch' is switched Off

Then

Set 'Bathroom Switch' 30%

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I have this in the Kitchen if you want to raid the fridge or get a drink of water in the early hours:

If

Status 'Kitchen Pots - over sink' is Off

And Control 'Kitchen 3 Way' is switched Off

Then

Set 'Kitchen Pots - over sink' 30%

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

During the day turning the Bathroom switch on goes to full on and a radio comes on with it. If you press it off when its "off" it ramps up to 30% using the same ramp as the bathroom scene. I originally used "fast on" as the trigger but the light ramps up to full on and then ramps down -- not the effect you want at 3AM.

Another way would be two programs -- ever think of this Rand? Program 1 can be your daytime program and program 2 can run during certain times -- I like the trigger, I have used a few around the house for late night. It is easy to remember that if you turn the switch off when it is "off" you will get a different result than if you turn it "on"

Glenn, have I created a monster? :oops:

I'm an not the one who conceived the two program notion, the thread isn't too deep here.

Step 2:

You will need to create a scene for the light(s) if you want to control the ramp rate. Direct commands, I have found, use the last ramp rate the device used. If it is a long rate you may think the control is not working. Scenes act just as quickly as direct commands.

Rand

Archived