Real Status from MobiLinc Pro

cobom1628

My first project after getting the ISY-99 was the garage door kit. Installation was fairly easy and works like a champ. What I am suprised about is looking at the mobilinc app on the pad or smart phone, or when looking at the universal device web page - my scenes do not readily show if the door is open or closed. Should it?

For instance - on the mobilinc "My Scenes" - the Garage Door Status (my name for the I/O link sensor) shows as OFF when the door is closed, ON when it is open.

While I can figure out what that means I was hoping for an easier to read indicator - so when I (or the wife) go to "My Scenes" something like the "Garage Door Status" or "Sliding Door" will show a big "OPEN" or "UP" in red. Showing a status of off to a non technical person requires explanation which takes away from the coolness of doing it in the first place.

Do I have to learn the SDK and create my own code to do something like that - or am I missing something.

Thanks

This was posted regarding the MorningLinc Lock/Unlock versus On/Off but the solution would seem to apply to the I/O Linc Sensor status as well.

We've recently added a feature where you can rename any ON/OFF status to what ever you want.

Go to My Devices or My Scenes and find your device or scene and tap on it. Scroll down to Advanced Options and find the "Custom State Names" section. Here you can rename ON/OFF to Locked or Unlocked.

You also can rename the Commands here as well. So instead of ON or OFF for the command you can rename these to Lock Door and Unlock Door.

LeeG - 8) Very cool - thanks. I think I was hung up looking at the Universal Devise web and Java admin consoles. Since MobiLinc will be the primary "monitoring" from the phone and pad, the options are perfect.

My next question was going to be "Do I need to modify the sensor to show "ON" instead of "OFF" when the door is closed - because the icons for OFF and ON are distinctivly different (OFF is RED for instance).

BUT - they are way ahead of me - there is a "Swap ICON pair" option.

I guess my only complaint is that being able to do more from the admin console would make the changes global - now I have to go to each device and make the changes - is there a way to store the profile so that each device can update the changes and remane in sync? I guess a question more for the MobiLinc forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you or anyone else has had this problem, but I was using the hardwired garage door button to ope the door and MobiLinc to close it, and the scene status would ultimately end up out of sync.

So I figured out that a simple program could solve that for me. Here is what it looks like:

If
       Status  'Garage / Garage Door Sensor' is On (Closed in my case)

Then
       Set Scene 'Scenes / Garage Door Relay' Off (Closed)

Else
       Set Scene 'Scenes / Garage Door Relay' On (Open)

This solution may have been obvious, but it took a while to finally click for me. I looked through the forum trying to find a fix for this and couldn't find it, so maybe it'll help somebody out...

Archived