Switchlinc in 5-way setup...?

mpayne9

Hi there,

I have a 5-way for the foyer light in my main entry. Is it possible to add just ONE dual-band switchlinc dimmer into this relay, so that I can control and program the light, but still have the 3 other 'regular' switches still work normally? If so, which switch do I take out and replace with the switchlinc?

Mark

All switches in a multi-way configuration must be Insteon. They can be a mix of Insteon devices, dimmer controlling a dimmable load, relay or dimmer in the other 4 non-load controlling locations. Standard switches cannot be mixed with Insteon devices in a multi-way setup.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe if you have 5 switches controlling one light for example, and 4 of them are dimmer switches but one is a relay switch, the entire load will reflect the relay's status on the lights will fast on/off only even if switched on from the dimmer switch. Correct me if I'm wrong, this may not be the case if the relay switch is installed in the travel switch position or in the power (line) switch position. But this will definitely happen if the relay switch is installed in the load switch position.

stillen_i30

Sorry but I don't understand the question.

When multiple devices are Controllers of the same load all the switches will reflect the current status of the load. If the load is being controlled by a dimmer a linked relay device can turn On/Off the dimmer and control the Bright/Dim level of the dimmer. If the load is being controlled by a relay device a linked dimmer can turn the relay device On and Off.

Am not sure what the questi about Fast On / Fast Off. They can be used to turn the load on and off directly at the load control switch or any of the linked Controllers.

Lee

Archived