Subscription Maintenance and Sleep States

matapan

I recently started to think about the states in which the Admin Console loses its subscription to the ISY device and stops presenting device and program state information.

In version 3.1.16, I've distilled down several scenarios and their actual outcomes below:

Sleep Level

Low - user walks away from computer and screen power save is initiated while Admin Console is session is open.

Actual Outcome

Upon return, user is prompted to log in to Admin Console (expected result)

Moderate/High - laptop clamshell is closed, putting machine in moderate powersave state, or machine is explicitly placed in hibernation while Admin Console is running.

Actual Outcome

Upon return, user is not prompted to login to Admin Console. State information presented is no longer valid, or is missing.

Resolution:

Closing the browser completely, and restarting the Admin Console resolves the issue.

Is there a way to handle the moderate/high use case described above in a similar manner that the low sleep state use case is handled now? This would be ideal - I'd prefer not to restart the browser if at all possible. I was wondering if this behavior with how the subscription is handled might have some relevance to some of the sync issues I'm experiencing with Mobilinc Pro currently.

Archived