XBMC ISY99i

snesgenesis

I was wondering if it is at all possible to accomplish a scene in my ISY99i, that when I push the play button on my movie in XBMC will the lights dim and also when I pause the lights come back on? Mind you I'm using an iPad with HippoRemote and I'm not trying to go back and forth between HippoRemote and Mobilinc.

I was wondering if it is at all possible to accomplish a scene in my ISY99i, that when I push the play button on my movie in XBMC will the lights dim and also when I pause the lights come back on? Mind you I'm using an iPad with HippoRemote and I'm not trying to go back and forth between HippoRemote and Mobilinc.

If you use the iRule remote control for the iPAD you can control both XBMC and the ISY-99i. You would setup a HTTP gateway in iRule to communicate with XBMC via the HTTP API. There is a tutorial on the iRule website on how to set this up.

For the control of the ISY-99i there a few options:

1) You could setup a HTTP gateway in iRule to communicate to the ISY-99i to send commands the REST interface to control your scenes. This would be the most direct way of controlling the ISY-99i but you have to learn how to create programs using the REST interface.

2) If you have the IR version of the ISY-99i and a iTACH IPTOIR, you can setup the IPTOIR as a gateway to send IR commands to the ISY-99i. More expensive route but is pretty much plug and play.

There is a tutorial on the iRule website on how to setup the iTACH as a gateway device.

I am trying out a different approach where I am using the network module of the ISY-99i to sent commands to XBMC so that I can control it from the ISY-99i using a remotelink2.

I hope this gives you some ideas on how to start out on this.

There maybe other options too that I don't know about since I am still in the early stages playing with XBMC and the ISY-99i too.

Regards,

Bruce

• 10 months later...

I have written two addons that allow XBMC to interface with an ISY-99 series controller. They are both in the standard XBMC repository. One is called ISY Browse. With this, the user can browse through and activate the nodes and programs on the ISY controller. The other is called ISY Events. With this, the user can set nodes and programs to be automatically activated when an XBMC event occurs.

ISY Browse is listed under programs.

ISY Events is listed under services.

Instructions and more details can be found here: https://code.google.com/p/isy-events/