Links Table Values

SteveSBE

Hi -

I cannot find what the values in the Device Links Table mean. I can find out the meaning of the values (copied below) but not what the actual values mean. For example, what is the values of "Response (level)" or "Ramp Rate" or any of the other fields? Is there such a thing?

Steve

What I found on the WIKI:

The data is organized this way:

First four digits = the database address in hexadecimal digits

Next pair:

E2 = controller

A2 = responder

22 = deleted

02 = deleted

00 = EOF (End Of File)

Followed by:

Group#

Linked address

Response (level)

Ramp Rate

Data3 (unused)

SteveSBE

There is an insteondetails.pdf document on the SmartLabs web site. It is very old but the basic link record has not changed from 2005/2006.

The first byte is a Flag byte which you have covered in your post. There is a 62 which you will see under ISY which is a Controller (E2) link record that has been deleted.

Group number is Scene number is Group number. Hardware calls them Groups, user documents call them Scenes. Numbers range from 00-FF

The last three bytes have no functional meaning in an E2 Controller link record.

In an A2 Responder link record they are

On Level 0=Off; FF=100% On - values in between are dim levels

Ramp Rate 1F=fastest Ramp Rate; 00 slowest Ramp Rate for old devices, 0.2 seconds on new devices. Values in between are the various other Ramp Rates

Unit Number was 00 for single output devices (SwitchLinc, ICON switch, ToggleLinc, etc); now 01 for single output devices - the newest InLineLinc is the first device requiring an 01 in this byte. For KeypadLincs the Unit number identifies the button number to respond 01-08 for 8 button KeypadLinc, 01-06 for 6 button KeypadLinc.

I/O devices such as the I/O Linc have some different meanings for these bytes as do the list of SimpleHomeNet devices. Too many variations to cover here.

Lee

Archived