Is there a definitive description of how a keypad linc works

marksidell

I know there are restrictions on how a keypad linc can be programmed. For example, as I understand it, a button on a keypad can not be a responder to a scene for which another button on the same keypad is a controller. But I am still confused about what is and is not possible to program. Is there definitive documentation somewhere?

What I'd like to do is this:

Have several buttons on a keypad each linked to a particular light, so that the button controls and reflects the state of the light.

Also, have a non-toggle button on the same keypad trigger a scene that includes the lights linked to the other buttons. IOW, when I press the scene button, I want the lights to go to the scene levels, and also have the buttons linked to the lights to turn on. Then, after the scene is set, I can use the linked buttons to control the individual lights if I wish. Also, of course, when I turn the scene off, I'd like the buttons linked to the individual lights to turn off, too.

marksidell

I set up what I think is the desired configuration on a 6 button KeypadLinc.

Secondary button A controls device 1

Secondary button B controls device 2

Secondary button C controls device 3

Secondary button D has device1, device2, device3, button A, button B, button C as Responders.

When button D is pressed On device1,2,3 and the three Secondary buttons A,B,C turn On. When button D is pressed Off the all the devices and Secondary buttons turn Off.

When button D is pressed On and turns all devices and buttons A,B,C On the Secondary buttons will turn Off their respective devices.

Lee

Archived