ON vs "Fast ON"?

Charlie911

With a couple of Insteon devices (a Lamplinc and a switchlinc) I found that they didn't respond to the ON command, given directly from the ISY device page, but did turn on when the "fast On" command was given. OFF works just fine. Dimming rate was set to the very fastest. In this case not a real problem, as I just switched to the Fast On in timers, but has anyone else noticed this type of behavior?

Charlie

When you send a direct On (as opposed to using a scene), the responder will use it's last ramp rate, which may be the local ramp rate. Is there any possibility that your devices have somehow been given a very long local ramp rate, so that when you send On, the device is actually turning on (slowly), even though it doesn't appear to be?

With a couple of Insteon devices (a Lamplinc and a switchlinc) I found that they didn't respond to the ON command, given directly from the ISY device page, but did turn on when the "fast On" command was given. OFF works just fine. Dimming rate was set to the very fastest. In this case not a real problem, as I just switched to the Fast On in timers, but has anyone else noticed this type of behavior?

Also check the 'On Level' of the device. I had a similar problem the other day, which was caused because the switch somehow had an 'On Level' of 0. (!!)

A normal 'On' command uses the current ramp rate and on level of the device, a 'Fast On' command turns it to 100% immediately.

Archived