Adding ApplianceLinc to a Scene

wswartz

Hello,

Just purchased an ApplianceLinc and added it to my ISY system. I can control the ApplianceLinc with no problem as an individual device; that is, I can turn it on and off from the ISY interface with no problem.

However, my trouble is when using it from within a scene. For example, I put the ApplianceLinc in a scene along with a KeypadLink button as a controller. Hitting the KL button shows the scene is on, but the ApplianceLinc is actually off. Same thing from the ISY interface; I can turn the scene on, the KL button turns on, but the ApplianceLinc is still off.

Again, I can go to the ApplianceLinc instance in ISY and turn it on and off with no problem.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Bill

Brian, wouldn't that be great! Might change the question to, What is I2CS?, but one would know for sure something was different. Right now there is an open question about new OutletLincs being I2CS. Almost to the point where everyone should go to 3.2.x if any question about adding a device.

It is the Insteon messaging protocol being used. Between units.

The original modules I have are I1 and use a standard message length. Took many messages to do things.

I2 was added and used Extended messaging where more data could be sent at a time.

I2CS added Check Sum calculations where the message was tested for errors. It also made some I1 and I2 messages not work due to the changes. So the software had to have I2CS features added.

To complicate things. Not all I2CS modules have the whole set of added features. Some just refuse to do much while others you maybe able to add to My Lighting but not add to Scenes. :roll:

Archived